Thursday, September 12, 2013

Crock pot Steak Hoggies

Crock pot Steak Hoggies
This is another great recipe in our house first off anything that I can throw in the crock pot and come back to 8 hours later for dinner is right up my ally.  Also the fact that I can feed my hubby a whole wheat roll and keep mine as just the meat still just as good.  We purchase our meat from a local farmer and I love to support them and also the fact that I know were are meat comes from.  Chip steak is always package one pound and wrap up that way.

Crock pot Steak Hoggies

Ingredients:
1 lb. of frozen chip steak
1/2 cup of green peppers frozen or fresh
1 onion sliced
1 can of diced no salt add tomato
1/2 of black beans
1/4 teaspoon of pepper

Directions:
Plug in the crock pot and set it on low place all ingredients in the crock pot.  You do not need to add the black beans but I like the added protein from them.  Cook for 6-8 hours and when you go to serve it on a whole wheat bun use a slotted spoon to place meat on bun also if you want to add some low fat mozzarella cheese that would work well.   If their is a recipe that your family enjoys and you want to make it more healthy feel free to ask and I can see what I can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment