Sunday, September 15, 2013

Clean Fruit Tarts

Clean Fruit Tarts

So I know when I'm at the grocery store and I walk buy those sweet looking Fruit Tarts that even though they have fruit on them they are loaded with crap.  This recipe is clean and I promise still taste great.  I will be headed to my husbands grandmothers birthday party today this is the dish I will be bringing.  I have always enjoyed being in the kitchen and loved baking and guess what I eat clean now and still enjoy being in the kitchen.  Make sure that what your doing in regards to losing weight is not eliminating foods all together.  This has a perfect balance of a complex carb and protein.  With that said this is something I would make and have every once in a while. 

Ingredients:
  • Crust
  • 1 cup of almonds (placed in food processer for 45 seconds)
  • A shake of salt
  • 1/2 cup of melted unrefined coconut oil
  • 2 cups of whole wheat flour
  • Filling
  • 1 1/2 cup of plain Greek yogurt
  • 2 Tablespoons of raw honey
  • 1 1/2 cups of fresh fruit
Directions:
Pre heat oven to 350 degrees
To make crust you will need a fruit tart pan this recipe will make 9 tarts total.  Take all 4 ingredients for the crust and start mixing it together.  I would say the texture you want is similar to when you are making a crust for a cheesecake.  After mixing it together well you should be able to take a palm full and be able to press it into the tart pan and have it compress well.



Clean Fruit Tarts
Bake for 12-14 minutes when you take a peek at them you will know they are done when the middle starts to rise up a bit.  Cool for 10 minutes and then remove from pans.  Next you will mix together by hand Greek yogurt and raw honey.  Place 3 Tablespoons of yogurt mixture in each tart.  what ever fruit you desire to place on top after you have properly washed and cut your fruit. 
Clean Fruit Tarts
Yep and you can count their is only 8 I had to try one!
~Perfect~ A little messy you my not want to just pick it up and eat it rather use a plate and fork. 

~Enjoy~

3 comments:

  1. Looks delicious! I will have to try this one for a time when we are making something to share. Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made this tart as the dessert for a BBQ with my friends and it was AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome I'm glad it turned out well!! Feel free to share the recipe

      Delete