Thursday, November 21, 2013

Blueberry Chia Jam

Blueberry Chia Jam

Ok I know I have been making a ton of recipes with Chia seeds lately but this might be my favorite and the kids love it as well. I found this recipe on the back of the Chia seeds I bought Bob's Red Mill Brand.

Blueberry Chia Jam

Ingredients-

3 cups of fresh or frozen Blueberries
1/4 cup of Agave Nectar
1/4 cup of Chia Seeds
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract

Directions-
Combine berries and agave in small sauce pan and cook on medium heat for 5 minutes.  If you are using frozen berries pop them in the microwave for 1 minutes then place in sauce pan.  Add Chia seeds once berries start to soften. Continue mixing until very thick remove from heat and cool, add vanilla.  Store in an air tight container for up to seven days. 


Enjoy!!  Use on your morning whole wheat bread!! Use it on top of pancakes as a spread or even add it to your plan Greek yogurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment