Tuesday, April 21, 2015

21 Day Fix Extreme Chicken Fajitas

21 Day Fix Extreme Chicken Fajitas

21 Day Fix Extreme Chicken Fajitas
 
 
Yes I know I’m in the middle of doing Insanity Max 30 however I came across this 21 day fix extreme recipe and had to try and of course share!!  We are in the middle of some home projects as well this week so life has seemed busy however finding the time to eat healthy is still very important to me if I eat crap I feel like crap.  This recipe took like 10 minutes (including prepping to cook) it’s simple and kid friendly.  Our kids did not eat the lettuce and just had the filling and added cheese to theirs.  My husband eats most of my clean eating meals for example this recipe he grabbed regular taco shells. Which works for me I’m still making one meal for the entire family just a few modifications.  Also this would be easy to make into steak or shrimp as well.  The leftover I just made a salad for lunch tomorrow and topped it off with the chicken filling.
Ingredients: (makes 4 servings)
  • 1 tsp chili powder
  • 1/2 tsp Himalayan salt (or regular sea salt)
  • 1/2 tsp cumin
  • 1/2 tsp garlic powder
  • 2 tsp olive oil, divided
  • 4 (5- to 6-oz) raw chicken breasts, boneless, skinless, cut into 1/2-inch strips
  • 1 red (or green) bell pepper, cut into thin strips
  • 1 onion, thinly sliced
  • 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
  • 8 large romaine (or butter) lettuce leaves
  • 1/2 medium avocado, thinly sliced
  • 1 cup fresh salsa
Instructions
  1. Combine chili powder, salt, cumin, garlic powder, and 1 tsp oil in a large resealable plastic bag.
  2. Add chicken, bell pepper, and onion; mix gently to coat. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
  3. Heat remaining oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
  4. Empty contents of bag into skillet; cook stirring frequently, for 5-6 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. Remove from heat and add lime juice.
  5. Evenly top lettuce leaves with chicken mixture, avocado, and salsa.
***21 Day Fix containers (per serving): 2 green 1 red 1/2 purple 1/2 blue

No comments:

Post a Comment