Monday, December 30, 2013

Chewy No-Bake Oatmeal Bars

Chewy No-Bake Oatmeal Bars

Yummy so I saw these bad boys floating around on-line and had to give them a try.  Can I just say thank God they make a small batch I had a hard time keeping my hands out of the fridge.  So I really like the tang from the cranberries mixed with the coconut flavor.
Chewy No-Bake Oatmeal Bars


Ingredients:
2 cups of quick whole wheat oats
2 tablespoons of ground almonds
4 tablespoons of unsweetened coconut flakes
3/4 cup of dried cranberries, chopped
3 tablespoons of unrefined coconut oil
6 tablespoons of honey
Chewy No-Bake Oatmeal Bars

Directions:
Grind 1 cup of oats and mix with almonds, coconut, in a food processor.  Next place the rest of the oats in a mixing bowl and add grinded blend.  In a small saucepan over low heat, melt honey and coconut oil.  Pour into oat mixture and mix well.  Next press into either a small 9" round pan (for thinner bars) or press into a bread loaf pan.  Refrigerate for 2-3 hours, next cut and serve.

I think this might just be our families New Years Eve treat.  Happy clean eating!!

No comments:

Post a Comment