Saturday, February 21, 2015

Becoming a mother of 3

Becoming a mother of 3


It’s hard to believe it’s been a full week since coming home with baby number 3 Henry.  I’ve had a lot of messages and questions about the transition from 2 kids to 3 kids ages 3 and under.  Well maybe it’s just my personality but I just tend to go with the flow.  The kids and I tend to be able to change plans or directions at any given moment.  The house is ran with a much laid back feeling, with wiggle room for messes and a not so neat house.  With that being said adding Henry in was just natural, the help from my mom and mother in law has been very helpful with the older two.  Personally going from being a mom of one to adding baby number two in took a good four months to adjust however this adjustments has gone smoothly.



According to the doctor I tend to heal very well from C-sections and need to remind myself to still enjoy these very memorable times without jumping back into the rhythm of life too quickly.  With the daily temperature below zero and snow everyday going out and about with a newborn so far is limited.  However at home the kids have adjusted well. Clint is my big helper for sure and takes the roll of older brother very well.  Josie is doing well and as a mom I tend to notice she needs more snuggles from me when I’m not feeding the baby, she has had more potty accidents with the recent changes at the house however I know over time she will adjust to being a family of five.
 
Jumping back into eating right feels amazing!!  Being pregnant for sure messed with my eating the entire pregnancy most foods turned my stomach, gave heartburn, or had a funny smell.  MY poor husband has been looking forward to a cooking wife again and in the last week of being home with Henry it feels great to be back in action cooking as well.

Headed right back to work also just feels right, I get a lot of fulfillment out of working whether it’s for our traditional business or my beachbody business it’s a sense of having a task at hand and being able to move forward with business.  I know not everyone enjoys the hustle in life however hard work is something that I receive a lot of fulfillment out of.

 


Afternoon cat naps are a must!!  All of the kids where breastfeed and of course Henry is too.  I don’t pump so this momma brings the milk in the middle of the night.  Thankful for a comfy chair for the middle of the nights, shakeology to help with natural energy in the day time, a naps for an added energy boast.  Clint has been one busy big brother, every time Henry woke up the first night home my light sleeper was up also.
He wanted to vacuum, help make lunch, and clean up♡♡

Time for a cat nap with baby brother

My cat naps for these first few weeks while fully coming around for sure help with finding a new balance and system.


I’m not super woman at all still just or typical person, my husband brought flowers home for Josie and I for Valentine’s day.  I put them in a vase with the packet of stuff to keep them longer and the next day they were DEAD.  Yep I forgot to add the water!!  That’s just one of the crazy things I did over the past seven days home. 
Thankful for a healthy baby boy, the thought of spring coming, a husband that will get groceries, family to call on in a pinch, and the fact that a family of five is making it work in the dead of winter in a house with less than 1,000 sq. ft.

It’s “comfy” for sure!

Bring on week two!!  What challenges will come our way?  Live.Love.Laugh

No comments:

Post a Comment