Thursday, September 24, 2015

Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal

Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal
 
Well hello Fall!!  Yesterday made fall official for the year 2015, this time of the year I start to focus on end of the year goals life, business, family, fitness, and all the things that fall between the cracks of the day.  Three weeks ago my son start preschool and of course like any mom will tell you somewhere I blink and he want from needing help with things to being a little man.  I'm thankful he is doing well, change is hard for him.  The kids go a few mornings a week to childcare so that I can work for our traditional business and they truly enjoy it.  However getting out the door in the morning is a challenge!  Someone (out of three kids) is always crying, someone does not like what is for breakfast, someone needs SOMETHING!!  So when I came across this fall recipe I wanted to give it a try, BOTH kids loved it and asked for more.  I personally like it because it falls into the 21 day fix meal plan.  If you're someone that follows this system this recipe would could for one yellow per serving and half a blue container.   The recipe makes 12 servings also I was able to make this recipe from start finish in TEN MINUTES!!  I used walnuts because that was the nut I had on hand in the house, pecans are a sweeter nut.

21 day fix meals
 
 
Ingredients
  • ½ cup walnut or pecans, chopped
  • 1 cup pumpkin puree my favorite place to pick this up is at Trader Joe's
  • 3/4 cup almond milk
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/4 cup coconut oil room temp.
  • 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
  • 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
  • 2 cups rolled oats
  • 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly  spray with nonstick cooking (I like coconut oil) spray an 8-inch square baking dish.
  2. Spread chopped walnuts or pecans on an ungreased baking sheet and toast for 4 to 6 minutes or until fragrant and light golden brown. Cool on baking sheet.
  3. In a large bowl, mix together pumpkin, milk, eggs, coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla; beat until smooth. Blend in oats, toasted nuts, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and salt; stir until mixture is well-combined.
  4. Spread oatmeal into prepared baking dish and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until set and light golden brown on top. Allow to cool in the baking dish for at least 5 minutes before slicing. Serve warm with fresh fruit or pure maple syrup. 
Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal
 
 
If you would like more recipes that go along with the 21 day fix meal plan fill out the form below
 
 
Fill out my online form.
There are tons of Wufoo features to help make your forms awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment