Thursday, June 12, 2014

What I do as a mom and said I would never do before having kids

What I do as a mom and said I would never do before having kids

being a good mom



Oh yes we all remember those days before having kids and seeing other moms and saying “oh I will never let my kids do that”.  This afternoon as I work from home and trying to find balance ALWAYS!!  I look around at the living room and back yard.  Let me paint a picture it is messy!!  I will pick up and have the kids help me pick up 3 times a day ok let’s be honest 2 times a day and in between those times it looks like a tornado happened.  Yes before kids I thought I would have a perfectly clean home without figure prints anywhere.  BUT life happens my husband calls me and at the drop of a hat things need done that leave the kids free to take over while I run a traditional business from home.  On top of that being a beach body coach also allows me to work from home to be clear I have the same 24 hours and had to give up on being a clean freak in order to reach goals I set for our family. 
Being a good mom

 

Sleeping arrangements……Yep I will lay in bed with our almost 3 year old till he falls asleep and almost always end up back in his bed 2 more times before morning.  We have tried everything and truly this is just how we roll almost 3 years of not sleeping a full night but who is counting. Yes we have a room full of beds!!

 
Being a good mom


I bribe my kids!! Yep and even with a sucker sometimes!!  I’m human and sometimes in the moment I cave and give in. Nothing else to say other than I will do better next time?  I mean right you’re in the line at the grocery store (that is packed) and your child gives you the look of “I’m going to scream at the top of my lungs” if you say no to the sucker. 

 
Being a good mom


The PHONE!!  Yes my husband and I both said NO electronic devices for our kids.  Yes I totally let Clint watch YouTube videos.  The random thing is he knows how to work it and find videos on excavators and the people are talking in a different language and he loves it!!  I turn the volume down!!

 
Being a good mom


Our car is a mess most times with shoes and extra socks.  Before kids I thought I would be a mom that would just tell the kids you have to wait and eat your snack when we get to where we are going…..yep they eat in the car….And the car reflects that!!

 

I truly thought as a stay at home mom I would run my days on my own time and the kids would just follow “my” schedule of a day….Yep everything  revolves around who got enough sleep, who needs a nap,  who is getting teeth and will be screaming all day (nothing gets done then), heck the list could go on and on BUT guess what this post needs to come to an end my husband called and needs me to send a quote and return a phone call….

 
Being a good mom


What are those things as a mom you said you would never before having kids of your own?  Post below or add me on Facebook I’m sure we would have a lot in common.

being a good mom


 
 
Always put a smile on even if its fake!!  I hear these are the days you will want to repeat and wish you could go back to????  
 
being a good mom

No comments:

Post a Comment