Sunday, August 25, 2013

Mexican Chicken

Mexican Chicken
So when I first started to eat clean I made this recipe once a week.  Why because in my mind I thought eating healthy and losing weight meant eating plain grilled chicken with broccoli! Yuck very soon I found out I was wrong and this recipe is awesome not only because it has four ingredients but I can take frozen chicken and the other three ingredients place it in a crook pot in the morning and dinner is good to go. 
Ingredients:
 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
 1 cup low sodium black beans
 1 cup  corn  (fresh or frozen)
 12 oz. of salsa
 1 Tablespoon of cumin
 1 Tablespoon of chili powder
 2 cups  cooked brown rice

Directions:
Add to crook pot: chicken breast, beans, corn, salsa, cumin and chili powder. Mix and cook on low 6-8  Serve with cooked brown rice or make it a burrito night by adding whole wheat shells.  This recipe also works well for left overs. 
Mexican Chicken
If you would like more help in your weight loss and want more info in being apart of my next online fit group let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment