Sunday, February 2, 2014

Josie's first birthday

Josie's first birthday

Wow as I sit her and write this blog post I'm holding baby Josie as she sleeps in my arms.  It's early Sunday morning and she slept ok last night but neither of the kids have been 100% themselves this week.  After my husband getting the flu and being down and out for 4 days the kids got a mild dose of it.  They have been extra sleepy this week and wanted to be held extra.  As a stay at home mom extra time holding them is ok with me I just wish they felt totally 100% better.


Wow what a good year it has been and I love having a daughter she reminds me daily to set the bar for myself to be the best example I can be to her.  I pray she has a strong faith, is independent, and never settles for anything in life.  I'm so glad those are things that I was raised with and I want to pass that onto our kids as well.  My time with them is very short some days might seem long but time really does fly.

I'm blessed to be able to work at home and not have to miss out on any mile stone as the kids grow up.  I loved that my mom was able to stay at home with us as kids and I always wanted to do the same for our kids. 

Anyone that know me knows I'm not big into pink and if you would of told me last year at this time my little girls first birthday would have pink I would of told you yeah right.  Every baby outfit I got that was pink last year at this time I took back.  But after about 8 months the color pink grew on me and some where in their I decided I wanted pink at the party.

After cleaning for the last 9 months the thought of making a cake I'm not sure I was up to the task I think I forgot how to bake!!  So I left it up to the local bakery and they did a great job!!  LOTS of water for me today!!  The tort was raspberry lemonade and red velvet cake!!

girl's 1st birthday

Girls first birthday

But at the same time I wanted to still have some healthy snacks on hand.  The Greek hummus dip was a hit.

Girls first birthday


Ingredients:
24 oz plain hummus
3 tablespoons of fresh dill
1 1/2 cups of plain Greek yogurt
1 cup of crumble feta cheese
4 oz of black olives
1 cucumber peeled and diced
1/2 cup of red onions chopped

Directions:
Mix hummus, dill, & Greek yogurt in a small bowl and then layer your serving dish with it and then top with remaining toppings.  I put a little extra fresh dill on top for looks.

Girls first birthday


A little fruit rainbow to brighten the day!!
Girls first birthday


I love the backdrop my grandmother made, I'm sure that will be a take away memory from Josie's first birthday a trip to the scary store JoAnne fabrics with two little ones to purchase the material. 


Girls first birthday

When I went to put together a few pictures from the past year it was hard to pick just a few because what great memories goes with each one of them.  So here is to another fun year of being a mom of two wonderful kids 17 months apart.  Date nights are a must!!

Girls first birthday




No comments:

Post a Comment